Charity Navigator Awards GRF 4-Star Rating

Glaucoma Research Foundation (GRF), the nation’s oldest and most experienced nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing vision loss from glaucoma, is pleased to have received a 4-star rating of “Exceptional” from Charity Navigator for the third consecutive year.

The 4-star rating is Charity Navigator’s highest rating, indicating that “Glaucoma Research Foundation consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way, and outperforms most other charities in America.” Out of the thousands of nonprofits Charity Navigator evaluates, only 12% have received at least 3 consecutive 4-star evaluations.

85% of GRF’s annual budget goes directly to funding research and education programs, including the Catalyst for a Cure research consortium, Shaffer grants, glaucoma education and awareness programs, and our glaucoma.org website. The remaining 15% covers administrative costs and fundraising expenses.

According to the Charity Navigator website, their ratings provide clear, objective, and reliable assessments of the financial health and transparency of charities. “By using our ratings, givers can truly know how a charity's financial health compares with that of its peers and of charities throughout the country. Givers can be confident that in supporting those charities rated highly by Charity Navigator, they will be supporting organizations that are fiscally responsible and financially healthy.”

“GRF is honored to receive this recognition for our research and educational efforts,” stated Andrew G. Iwach, MD, Board Chair for the Glaucoma Research Foundation. “We carefully control our administrative and fundraising expenses as we increase the amount of funding we invest in innovative research to find a cure. We are pleased that Charity Navigator has recognized our efforts to operate in a manner that is fiscally responsible.”

Charity Navigator is a leading independent evaluator of charitable organizations that helps donors make intelligent giving decisions.

View GRF's charity rating page on Charity Navigator.

View GRF’s Financial Information.

Was this helpful? Yes No